Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, April 21, 2018

We went to Texas

Our kids moved to Texas so last week we went for our first visit. I LOVED it. They live in a small town called Brenham and it is so cute. They have rented a house for now until they get their bearings but oh what a special house it is and especially once my kids take over. It is a older home with wood floors and set back in a wooded area off the road, here are a few pictures...
 Looking in from the front street


 The porch that wraps around the side of the house.

Big tree in front of the house

 Looking from the kitchen into the living room (check out all the old wood work).

Pretty décor in our guest bedroom...
and the best part is that these three live here! I have always been a little scared of my Granddog but while I was there, we bonded....
He really is a sweet guy but just doesn't really know how big he is.....
We stayed with them Thurs - Sunday and then went on a little road trip before heading back home. We spent the night in Boerne, Texas (note this is not pronounced Bor ene like I thought but is pronounced Bernie!) Stayed at Ye Kendall Inn that was built in 1859 and they had two life size statures that were just beautiful...Here is my favorite
It is called (The dance) and is 7 2/3 ft. tall. James N. Muir is the creator and it turns.


Look who we saw at the Austin airport of our way home...Not a job for sissy's.
It was a great trip and so glad we were able to go.















6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Ooh, the house is a delight, and I love the statue of the dancers.

Mevely317 said...

That porch!!! What a wonderful homey-home they're crafting! I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Texas.

Mari said...

I love the house and the statue too! Glad you had a good time!

Linda said...

I'm so happy you got to visit your family! I LOVE their rented home and hope they enjoy it!Looks like the weather was nice for y'all while yoou were down here!

Granny Annie said...

I have always wanted a wrap-around porch. Beautiful kids and pup. I was terrified of my best friend's rottweiler. Glad you were able to bond. The Dance looks like you and Bob:-)

Debbie said...

it sounds wonderful and the house is beautiful!!! my oldest son moved to texas one year ago and we have yet to go...he has been here a few times and was just here 2 weekends ago. he loves it there!!!